Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dhanteras 2009 Date, Dhanteras Celebration, Dhanteras Festival


Dhanteras is popularly known as the first day of Diwali and it is the day chosen by many people to make investments in gold or silver. Dhanteras 2009 date is October 15. It is observed two days before Diwali and falls on the thirteenth day of the dark fortnight of Kartik Month. In Gujarat, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra, the same period is the thirteenth day of Ashwina month.

Dhanvantari Jayanti, Dhantrayodashi and Yamdeepdan are also observed on the day.

A new utensil or gold or silver is bought for the house on the Dhanteras day. Some people also make it a point to make an investment on the day as it is believed that investments made on this day will appreciate.

Most people also wait for the day to purchase and give away Diwali gifts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's true indeed.Wish you all a happy Diwali.


Cheers!!
Gifts to hyderabad -Hyderabadbazaar|Diwali Flowers Gift Us2guntur|Chennai Flower|Flowers bangalore|Gujarat Diwali Sweets|Send Deepavali Gifts|Divali Birthday Cakes|Vizag Gift Vouchers|Kakinada Sweets|Rajahmundry flower gifts

Down Comforter said...

I must tell you that your posts always prove to be of a high value and quality for readers. I want to here more about Indian culture.

Debabrata Sarkar said...

We know Backlink is important for any blog. We can exchange backlink if you wish. I have an event blog on Diwali.

I will be thankful if you give me a backlink from your site. I can give you two backlinks in return. If you like, link my website in any of our article and send me the url, I will give you links ASAP.

My Site: https://diwalisabkasaath.com/

Anchor Text: Diwali Wishes

Thank you in advance.
Team: diwalisabkasaath.com